We had an amazing kick-off for my campaign for Berkeley School Board! I want to thank everyone who spent a gorgeous Sunday afternoon sharing good food and fun times while discussing the important issues facing our students, our schools, and the District.
Photo credit: Mark Copeland. View more kick-off photos here.
The next four years for the School Board are critical, and I am committed to ensuring that:
- Berkeley students have mastered language arts, math, science, and technology, and have developed a clear plan for their educational and career goals.
- We eliminate the opportunity gap impacting African American and low-income students.
- District staff receive competitive salaries for recruitment and retention, and we address the impact of the housing crisis.
- We build momentum for the renewal of the 2020 Facilities Bond and Maintenance Parcel Tax.
- Our schools possess a welcoming and supportive environment for parents and guardians to engage in their child's education.
- We actively analyze and monitor the budget as it relates to District priorities.
I look forward to running a dynamic campaign and winning a seat on the Berkeley School Board - but there is a great deal of work ahead in order to win in November. Together, we can make Berkeley schools the best in the state! If you haven’t already, please endorse my campaign or make a contribution today (maximum $250 per person). You can also sign-up to volunteer, host a house party, or display a sign.
Thank you for your support!